BloomingLabs Bathroom Minder
Project starter page to design and build a BloomingLabs IoT Bathroom Minder.
Sensors for occupancy detection
- Light Sensor*
- Motion Sensor*
- Door Open/close sensor (reed switch)*
- Flush sensor
- Methane sensor (ew)*
- already have these
Components that communicate and take action(s) based on occupancy state and transitions
- 'Occupied' signs (both at the door and in the workshop)
- Green/red light
- Talking skull head that communicates: 'Enter - if you dare', 'You may enter', 'None shall pass' when touched (capacitive sensor)
- Wireless or other communication mechanism reports state that in turn is exposed by a web server via:
- API for programs
- Webpage for humans
- Responds to texts
- Atomizer can spray a more agreeable scent if methane threshold is triggered:
- Atomizer: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Grove-Water-Atomization-v10-p-2542.html?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=edm&utm_campaign=EDM1106
- MCU: Photon, Arduino variant, other?
Additional fun 'overkill' aspects
- Get in a 'queue' if bathroom is occupied, receive text when it's open and you're next in line
TODO: learn enough wiki code to format this.