This is reference material for people interested in using our mill. This material is collected here in order to assist a workshop on using the mill as well as for people to teach themselves how to use this machine.
This is a scan of two chapters from the book Machining Fundamentals on mills. This is a highly illustrated book with lots of different mill configurations and ways of using a mill.
Here are some scans from an older book called the "Metal Working Handbook". I recommend reading the chapter on Measuring Tools at least:
This site has some more reading material on using mills:
These MIT training videos are a reasonable introduction to the mill. They are part of a 10 video series on machine tools, these are the lathe videos from this series. They each are about 45 minutes in length.
-  - MIT video 1 for the mill
-  - MIT video 2 for the mill
-  - MIT video 3 for the mill
-  - MIT video 4 for the mill
-  - A good video on selecting endmills and how to determine speeds to run at
-  - A listing of milling videos from archive.org