2014 Yearly Meeting
Revision as of 11:58, 10 January 2014 by Dosman
Agenda for the 2014 yearly meeting.
Review our achievements from the past year
- Laser cutter
- Membership grew over the summer (has since dropped a bit but still more than last year)
- We got more press on the Internet/radio/print media
Areas for Improvement
- Keeping the space clean
Any outstanding issues from the 2013 yearly meeting?
- Security system/video camera?
Issues to discuss
- Potential relocation of space
- Makevention 2014
- Non-profit status & relationship with School Factory
- Not an issue per se, but what things can we do for fundraising and/or apply for grants?
- Workshops for the coming year
- Machining class
- Using PGP encryption with email (signups from Makevention still)
- Group projects (thermostat is going on but more of course would be great)
- Hack-a-thons (host or participate in them)
- Monthly or weekly topic-specific events (Thursday's 'Microcontroller Madness', groups like HAM or 3D printing groups)
- Participation at other events (Louisville Arcade Expo, DerbyCon, other area Maker Faires)