2017 Yearly Meeting
Revision as of 12:21, 11 February 2017 by Dosman
Meeting will be held Saturday, February 11th, from 5pm-9pm.
- Get a pizza order figured out and funds collected, when we are ready to order just pull the lever
- 2016 Annual Report presented by the existing board
- Annual Report linked here
- Insurance - what we have, what it covers, cost
- How we handle donations
- In-kind (hardware)
- Review sales tax exemption purchase process (green binder)
- Trebuchet a perfect example - group project in the name of Bloominglabs - save that sales tax!
- Officer elections
- count votes in absentia too
Year in review 2016
- Member survey results
- Member exit survey results
- Who have we colaborated with?
- What workshops did we have?
- Arduino and Motors
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutter
- Arduino + Motors + 3D Printing + Laser Cutting as the 'Useless Machine' Series
- Welding Day
- Nation of Makers
- Trebuchet (great group project + we won the accuracy prize)
- Instructables Makerspace Contest (we achieved the 10+ Featured Instructables Prize level)
- Small laser engraver from MakeBlock procured as a prize
- Current member survey results
- Makevension 2016 - how did it go?
- Makevention 2017 - are we doing it again?
- Fundraising for our eventual move using Makevention?
- Car lift - how has it worked out for people?
- Ham radio HF antenna connected, our HF station works now.
- New dumpster, reminder not to use Adam Nahas' s any more
2017 Goals, things to discuss
- Keep an eye out for the next home of Bloominglabs
- Fundraising for our move (build-out to make our current location habitable was about $1500)
- Spring 2017 workshops
- Screen printing
- Using Encryption (PGP, OTP, etc)
- Fund raising for replacement TIG welder
- Already about 1/2 way there with welding funds collected
- Chrstian's tools still in the workshop... year 2 (green 3-wheeled machine)
- Reminder - anyone can start a periodic meetup at Blabs or call a members meeting
- Anyone going to the Midwest RepRap Festival in Goshen? 
- Reminder of ways to contact the officers/board for emergencies: contact email, and google voice # in emergencies
- Keep Rockin'
- Anything else?