For TEDxBloomington, Kevin Makice has asked us to make six geocaching boxes. His ideas is to have these boxes collect things from the visitors that he can then use for his TEDx talk. He is raising money for this through KickStarter and has earmarked $150 or $25 a piece for us to build these.
Please submit your ideas below by April 8th. Good ideas will be quick to build and cheap. Here's some starter ideas.
- Build a Monkey Puzzle Cache: http://www.greathides.com/page221.html
- Have people leave something from their pocket in the cache
- Do a reverse cache: http://arduiniana.org/projects/the-reverse-geo-cache-puzzle/ and record where people walk on a SD card
- Build an acrylic maze http://www.zazz.com.au/pastproducts.php?past=1934 that at the end, the ball pushes a button and opens the cache.
- Have a metal box with magnets on the lid and a cheap digital camera. Have people rearrange the magnets and then take a picture. They could even do a stop motion movie if they want.
- Have a voice recorder in the box and have people leave a messages
- Have a phone number in the box and people have to call the number and leave a message
Please leave your ideas. The more ideas, the better!