New Bloominglabs Member Information
This page is to help new members get to know what resources are available to you as a member. If you have not already done so, please look over our Membership Manual.
You have been added to our invoicing system so you will now receive monthly dues invoices. Dues are due on the 15th of every month. If you pay via paypal, please use the paypal button/link from within the invoice, doing this automatically updates our invoicing system. If you pay by check or cash you can pay the treasurers assistant during public meetings or you can leave your payment in an envelope in either of the donation boxes. If you do this we request you email treasurer at bloominglabs dot org and let them know you have paid your dues.
Mailing lists, email stuff
Your email has been subscribed to our announce and members email lists unless you opted out. You can modify your mailing list settings from these links:
If you wish to have a mail alias such as <my_name>@bloominglabs.org just send mail to our contact address. This will forward any mail received at that address to the email address you specify. We do not supply an SMTP server for members, only mail aliases.
- www.bloominglabs.org - This wiki - we encourage members to document their projects here!
- www.bloominglabs.org/dues - Our dues invoicing system - you can check your dues balance from here
- www.bloominglabs.org/assets - Our asset tracking database - if you intend to leave any tools or projects in the space, please consider putting an asset tag on it
- badges.bloominglabs.org - Bloomington Hackerspace Badges - Based on the Mozilla Open Badges project, you can receive awards for participating with Bloominglabs! You can also receive awards for learning how to use various tools in our space, making donations, volunteering with events, etc.
- https://cosm.com/feeds/53278 - COSM is a site for graphing and sharing sensor data. Bloominglabs has a few kinds of sensors logging activity data you can check out.
In addition to the asset tags, we use red tags to mark objects you wish for other to leave alone or ask before using and green tags to identify free/any use items left in the space. These tags are normally on top of the green filing cabinet in the workshop area.
For an account to edit the wiki send mail to contact at bloominglabs dot org and we will get you setup.
For the dues and assets sites, an email has been sent to you which includes the logins for these sites.
Additional online resources
- Bloominglabs Google Event Calendar
- Bloominglabs Flickr account
- Bloominglabs Github repository for group code projects
We also have presences on social media sites, please feel free to follow, 'like', and otherwise stay connected with Bloominglabs:
If you want to get involved with our social media outreach, please contact the officers (contact at bloominglabs dot org). They usually know the logins to these services ;-). Lastly please tell your friends and neighbors about us! You can use contact at bloominglabs dot org as a point of contact for anyone who wishes to reach us.