Revision as of 12:44, 6 July 2011 by Jtillots
- 4th of July parade float
- Air cannons: http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/00000076
- Build some kinda of twinkie launching device.
- Build a ride-able beetlebot.
Jenett has 2 large DC motors that would easily move a person.Dosman found an electric wheelchair that will serve as the motors and chassis! A charger has been acquired and it works. Joe suggests we steer by grabbing the antennas.
- Build an IR LED wall that can only be view with cameras
- Build a strandbeest: http://www.strandbeest.com/
- Marching band of hacked instruments
- Float of some kind
- Nathan's truck with the Bloominglabs banners down the side
Participate in the discussion and contribute your ideas at the 4th Of July Project page.
- GeoCaching Boxes
- Kevin Makice has a project page about this at http://www.wisdomofplay.com/toy-boxes
- Need to be built by May 1st
- Please go to the link above and submit your ideas by Apr 8th!
- February 16 from 6pm to 11:00pm
- Contact Microphone Building Workshop with the DeKalb Hackerspace CMKT4
- CMKT4 will show you how to solder up a piezo-electric pickup and house it sturdily in a recycled bottle-cap housing.
- CMKT4's band will be performing after the workshop
- The workshop is $15 but interested onlookers are welcome for free
- The event will be held at 1021 South Walnut Street behind Russian Recording
- January 22 from 11:30am to 3:30pm
- Build Beetlebots with Bloominglabs at the Wonderlab Robotics Program.
- As seen at Make Magazine
- Instructions at: http://makeprojects.com/Project/Beetlebots/20/1
- Get your own kit at: http://www.makershed.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MKSB018
- We buy the Mabuchi FA-130 motors from Hobby Engineering - http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H2242.html
- We buy the AA battery holders from Digikey - http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=SBH-321AS-ND
- We buy the SPDT switches from Digikey - http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=SW764-ND